Mission Bay Tennis Club is one of the more active and social tennis clubs in Auckland. With more than 300 registered members, the club has a strong presence in both the summer and winter interclub competitions and offers many in-house competitions and events.
Located in the heart of the vibrant and bustling Mission Bay, the club boasts six year-round, floodlit astrograss courts, a modern clubhouse and plenty of off-street parking.
Mission Bay Tennis Club is affiliated to Tennis Auckland and Tennis New Zealand.
What do we offer that others don’t?
- Free tennis on club nights and fun tournaments
- Great fun atmosphere and lots of social events
- Competitive rates
- Competition tennis (singles, doubles and mixed grades) for all ages and abilities
- Friendly and competitive tournaments year round
- Comprehensive programmes for Juniors.
- Social membership for those who want to be part of our social buzz
- Coaching for all ages and abilities
- Ball Machine for hire
- Parking in the heart of Mission Bay should you need to dine out, watch a movie or go for a walk along the beach
- Courts with arguably the best drainage in Auckland – an added plus during winter
- A licensed bar
- Table tennis – ideal when matches are rained off
- An in house Pro Shop
- Free Wi-Fi Internet
- Sports massage at special rates
- 3 times the winner of Tennis Auckland Overall Club of the Year! 2014-15, 2000-01, 1999-2000! The winner of 2014-15 Tennis Auckland Club Spirit. The winner of Tennis Auckland 2014-15 Senior Interclub Club of the Year!
Thinking of joining?
Come along to our Club Night, Wednesdays at 7pm, and have a friendly hit with us. Club Nights involve casual play for players of all levels – and yes, the bar will be open. Games typically last 20 minutes and can be doubles, mixed or singles depending on the number of attendees. If you are wanting to check out club night for the first time, feel free to contact us by text or phone to let us know you are thinking of coming and he will make sure someone looks out for you. Always a bit intimidating rocking up to a club for the first time and not knowing anyone. More information about club nights.
Tennis has received acclaim for its ability to offer great physical, mental and emotional benefits like no other sport, check out these “Five Benefits of Tennis”.
The club is managed by a volunteer committee which has been nominated and voted in at the club AGM.