- Wednesday 7th June 2020- Clubhouse open and Club Nights resume under level 2 guidelines
- Monday 18th May 2020- Coaching at the club resumes under strict level 2 conditions.
- Friday 15th May 2020- MBTC to move into Level 2 conditions on Saturday 16th May 2020. New contact tracing system in place, lights can be used, all courts can be booked and downstairs bathrooms are open. Clubhouse remains closed.
- Monday 27th April 2020- MBTC to re-open under strict guidelines (Found below) on Wednesday 29th April 2020
Information and Guidelines
To be able to play tennis at the club, this needs to be viewed as a privilege and we need to ensure the below measures are undertaken. We hope we don’t need to reiterate that if we need to close the courts for reasons of non compliance, then we will do so.
- All six courts will be OPEN, including under lights. (please see requirements below)
- The downstairs Toilets will be OPEN.
- Upstairs bar and facilities are OPEN
- Senior Club Nights are ON
We are excited to announce the re-opening of the clubhouse at Mission Bay Tennis Club from this Wednesday 3rd June. Things are not quite yet back to ‘normal’ but we are definitely moving in the right direction.
Because of the level 2 restrictions, the clubhouse will operate in a slightly different way. These are pointed out below and in the ‘COVID 19 Clubhouse Guidelines poster’ found in resources at the bottom of the page:
- Everyone who enters the clubhouse must fill out the contact tracing form using the QR code, this can be done manually on club nights and events with Tyler (or an appointed member)
- One server per group if purchasing food or alcohol. Please wait to be served and they will be served to you at your table.
- Everyone consuming food or alcohol must be seated around a table.
- Please apply 1-2m social distancing when moving around the clubhouse.
- If the club gets too busy, people may be refused entry.
- There are hand sanitisers available on each table around the clubhouse. Please use them or if you are able to, wash your hands with soap in the bathrooms. It works much better!
- Kitchen will remain closed. That means the fridge, tea/coffee, plates etc. will not be accessible unless the bar server is present, or you are the dedicated ‘server’ for your group (when a bar manager is not present).
- When leaving, please follow the lock up procedures (Provided in ‘resources’ at the bottom of the page)
With the reopening of the clubhouse we are excited to be able to say Club Nights will be starting up on Wednesday 3rd June at 7pm. However, there are a few changes to how they are run. These are documented below:
- Contact Tracing and scanning QR code upon entry. You will not be able to play if you don’t do this. Once you have done this please show Tyler your check in validation and he will add you to the rotation board. If you cannot scan the QR code, please see Tyler and he will do it for you manually.
- Clubhouse rules above will need to be adhered to. If you are having a drink or food you must be seated at a table.
- We advise you to sit down whilst waiting to be allocated a court. However, if you are not, please apply 1-2m social distancing
- Please sanitise your hands prior to entering the courts and the clubhouse and after leaving them.
- Follow the on and off court guidelines for safe play
- See Tyler to access your balls as this process has changed slightly.
We have made it easier to contact trace so that the information only has to be captured once. (unlike for the last few weeks having to complete the information every time you play). What you need to do, differs depending on whether you have a smartphone or not. Hopefully its pretty clear below, but if not please do contact us to get some help.
So what do we need to do to be able to play?
Before you play….
You must stay at home if you:
* Have been in contact with someone with COVID-19 in the last 14 days
* Have been overseas or exposed to someone with COVID-19 in the last 14 days
* Have flu-like symptoms
* Or are in a high risk health category.(https://www.health.govt.nz/our-work/diseases-and-conditions/covid-19-novel-coronavirus/covid-19-novel-coronavirus-health-advice-general-public#risk)
Before coming to the club:
- Please complete the following information for all of those in your house that are members. https://forms.gle/zpnt1E7TvVYYdyPE9 This only has to be done once. You will note that we have taken the opportunity to ask a few extra questions that we will be using to get our membership database up to date.
- If you are not loaded into the Court Book System, we will get you loaded up and you should receive a logon code within 24 hours. If you have not received one, please let us know.
- If you have a smartphone, you don’t need to do anything yet. You will need to take your phone to the club so you can scan in. (See instructions at point two below) If you want to test it out on your phone now, go to the following site: CHECKIN-19.COM and click Check-in at the bottom of the screen. Open the attachment on this email and either scan the QR Code or enter the code HLJSCD. Read the acknowledgement, complete your details and click check-in. Don’t forget to checkout again. Your details will be saved for next time. This needs to be done for each Adult in the House.
- For those of you resisting the technological advances of modern society and still without a smartphone, please complete the attached form here: https://promato.com/checkin.asp?Venue=. This needs to be completed each time you play, although if you check the “remember me box”, you wont have to complete the details each time.
- Book your court as normal on http://nz.bookingsace.com/login.asp.
- Every player needs to be added, and if they are a member and are not listed, then please refer to step one above. (please note that it may take 24 hours for these details from step one to be loaded into the court book system).
- If you are playing with a visitor,
i. then select visitor
ii. Complete their name
iii. Pay the $10 visitor fee by internet banking (account 12-3073-0117879-00) Or leave at the club in the visitors slot.
When you arrive at the club…
- If you have registered already, Simply scan the QR code on the gate. This needs to be done for each adult. If you are playing with a Junior from your house, you do not need to scan them in, provided they have been included in the Court Booking. If the Juniors are playing by themselves, they will need to scan in.
- If this is your first time, on your phone go to the following site: CHECKIN-19.COM and click Check-in at the bottom of the screen. Scan the QR code on the poster that is on the gate, or enter the code HLJSCD. Read the acknowledgement, complete your details and click check-in. Don’t forget to checkout again. Your details will be saved for next time. Easy Peasy Pumpkin Peasy. This needs to be done for each Adult playing on the court.
- When you leave please check out by scanning the QR Code.
- Juniors receiving coaching will need to check-in with their coach.
- If you are using the downstairs area of the club, please scan that QR code also. It is a separate QR code.
* If you become sick with COVID-19 symptoms within 10 days of playing at the club, it is vital that you inform the main contact at the club. (find above)
In addition some common sense points.
Tennis holds a unique advantage as a sport which requires no direct contact between players.
* Be sure to keep 2 metres away from other people while taking part in any tennis
To protect against infection you should…
* Wash/sterilise your hands before and after you play and avoid touching your face while playing
* Do not share water bottles and bring your own full bottle
* Wash your hands frequently with soap and water or hand-sanitiser when available. It is recommended to carry your own hand sanitiser with you
* Cover your coughs and sneezes and dispose of any used tissues immediately
* Avoid touching your face
* Do not attend if you are feeling unwell
* Avoid touching any shared surfaces (gate, net posts, chairs etc). If you do touch anything that is not your own equipment, you must clean these thoroughly before you leave
* Food and drink (other than personal water bottles) are not permitted at tennis venues under Alert Level 2
Sorry for the raft of instructions. We are trying to be as unobtrusive as possible, but we do have some responsibilities that necessitates these requirements.
If you have any queries or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us.