Mission Bay Tennis Club is one of the more active and social tennis clubs in Auckland. With more than 300 registered members, the club has a strong presence in both the summer and winter interclub competitions and offers many in-house competitions and events.
Located in the heart of the vibrant and bustling Mission Bay, the club boasts six year-round, floodlit astrograss courts, a modern clubhouse and plenty of off-street parking.
Mission Bay Tennis Club is affiliated to Tennis Auckland and Tennis New Zealand.
What do we offer that others don’t?
- Free tennis on club nights and fun tournaments
- Adult Evening Classes for beginners and intermediate members and non-members
- Great fun atmosphere and lots of social events
- Competitive rates
- Competition tennis (singles, doubles and mixed grades) for all ages and abilities
- Friendly and competitive tournaments year round
- Social membership for those who want to be part of our social buzz
- Coaching for all ages and abilities by Mission Bay Tennis Academy
- Parking in the heart of Mission Bay should you need to dine out, watch a movie or go for a walk along the beach
- Courts with arguably the best drainage in Auckland – an added plus during winter
- A licensed bar
- Table tennis – ideal when matches are rained off
- An in house Pro Shop
- Free Wi-Fi Internet
- Sports massage at special rates
- 3 times the winner of Tennis Auckland Overall Club of the Year! 2014-15, 2000-01, 1999-2000! The winner of 2014-15 Tennis Auckland Club Spirit. The winner of Tennis Auckland 2014-15 Senior Interclub Club of the Year!
Thinking of joining?
Come along to our Club Night, Wednesdays at 7pm, and have a friendly hit with us. Club Nights involve casual play for players of all levels – and yes, the bar will be open. Games typically last 20 minutes and can be doubles, mixed or singles depending on the number of attendees.
Or why not to try our Adult Evening Classes for your casual tennis.
Tennis has received acclaim for its ability to offer great physical, mental and emotional benefits like no other sport, check out these impressive “Five Benefits of Tennis”.
The club is managed by a volunteer committee which has been nominated and voted in at the club AGM.